My name is David Pinto-Duschinsky.
Our community and our country are crying out for change.
Over the last few months, I’ve talked to thousands of people across our community. The message you’ve given me is clear. You are really unhappy about the direction the country is going in. You think the Government is a total shambles. You’re worried about our local area.
What’s more, you have told me you are frustrated. You feel politics isn’t working. That you are not being listened to. That the local Conservative MP is doing nothing to help you or our community.
You deserve better. I’m running for Parliament because I want to bring change – to our area, to our country and to the way politics works for people. And I want to put your concerns at the heart of my campaign.
Because of my background, I’m passionate about standing up for local people and fighting for the things that matter to us all – good public services, good jobs, good housing. My father is a Holocaust survivor who came to this country all alone as a child refugee. It’s only because of the welcome he received that I’m here today. Growing up, Health Service staff supported me for years to help me overcome a serious speech impediment. And the NHS didn’t just help give me my voice. It also saved my daughter’s life when she was born extremely prematurely.
This is an amazing community – diverse, vibrant, welcoming. But so many people here are struggling despite working hard. Rents are sky high and soaring house prices are putting the dream of home ownership out of reach for many people. Meanwhile, developers seem to be going unchecked, ignoring residents and treating tenants poorly.
Our NHS is being stretched to breaking point, with local waiting times among the worst in England. Local schools have seen the money they get for each pupil cut. Local police numbers have been slashed due to government cuts-backs. And local services have been cut to the bone, with roads not being fixed and rubbish piling up on the streets.
We are being let down by this incompetent government and by our do-nothing Conservative MP. He’s supported government cuts to our police, our schools and our public services. He’s done nothing to tackle the local housing crisis. He’s not lifted a finger to get the council to sort out pressing local issues like parking, pavements or fly tipping. And I’ve lost count of the number of people who tell me that he’s failed to help with their problems or even answer their letters.
Instead, he’s spent his time campaigning for an extreme Brexit – despite the fact that this constituency voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU.
You deserve so much better. I’ll bring change. Unlike the current MP, I’ll always put this community first-no matter who it means standing up to. I’ll fight for you and the issues you care about:
- Proper investment in the NHS and more money for schools. I’ll fight for our NHS and schools to make sure they get the money they need.
- More genuinely affordable housing and a better deal for renters. I’ll campaign for a massive increase in the number of genuinely affordable homes, for tighter regulation of rents and for new rights for tenants.
- Giving residents rather than developers the final say. I’ll campaign to give local people the final say on developments and to make sure plans include enough parking and support for extra public services
- More bobbies on the beat. I’ll put tackling crime at the top of the agenda and fight for more police across Hendon.
- An economy that works for all with help for families. I’ll campaign for a fairer economy, better pay, more rights at work and more help for families. Labour will build an economy that work for all, while making sure that 95% of people don’t pay more tax
- An open and diverse country and against ruinous Conservative Hard Brexit. However you voted in the 2016 referendum, I’m sure you’ll agree the Government has made a mess of Brexit. I’ll fight against No Deal Brexit and for a confirmatory referendum to break the deadlock and give the people the final decision. And if there’s a second referendum, I’ll campaign for remain.
- Fighting prejudice. Labour needs to do more to tackle antisemitism. I’ll fight for that and confront antisemitism wherever I find it. And I’ll stand against racism, Islamophobia and all forms of prejudice.
- Tough action on local issues. I’ll hold the council to account and force action on local issues like rubbish, fly-tipping, roads, bad pavements and parking.
Most of all, I’ll listen. I know people are fed up with politicians who are out of touch. I want to put your concerns at the heart of everything I do. I’m out every week, come rain or shine, around the constituency, listening to local residents. And if I’m elected, I’ll hold weekly surgeries and events so that you can always talk to me. I’ll be a strong voice for you.
I hope you’ll join me so that together we can bring change and build a better future for our community.
Please do get in touch at [email protected] or 07498814792. I’d love to hear from you.